Accounting and Finance
For Advanced Learners
An integrated course focusing on financial accounting, management accounting and financial management implication for professional students, small business owners and business executives who want to sharpen their accounting and finance knowledge.
This course is designed for students who understand accounting and finance i.e. for intermediate (NFQ level 6) level learners.
The course is delivered in both Online and Virtual Classroom environments.
In addition to classes,course material/handouts will be accessible to students for further study either as hard copy (charge may apply) and/or online (Virtuline Hub).
Lessons include theoretical and practical exercises with assessment instances.
MODULES (Part 2)
● Financial Environment: General Macro-economic Factors and Potential Conflicts Between Management and Shareholders.
● Capital Investment Appraisal: Methodologies, and Calculation of Payback Period, Discounted Payback Period, NPV and IRR.
● Capital Structure Approach: Concept, Significance and Calculation of WACC.
● Analysing financial and non-financial performance of a Business.
● External Sources of Finance: Role of Investors, Venture Capital and Alternatives.
● Organisational Context of Management Accounting.
● Budget Setting, Processes and Preparation.
● Control using standard costs and variance analysis.
● Cost Accounting and Cost Management.
● Decision Making: CVP and breakeven analyses, assumptions and limitations.
● Double Entry Book-keeping and Recording Information.
● Accounts Statement of Cash Flows Preparation for Sole Trader and Company accounts.
This course is designed to develop student’s skills across business and corporate sectors including digital currency, financial accounting and reporting, investment appraisal, capital structuring, dividend decisions, budgeting, financial performance analysis and decision making.
● Highly useful for ACA, ACCA, CPA and CIMA examiners.
● Truly beneficial for building a solid accounting and finance knowledge for business owners.
● A complete knowledge building package for the job seekers who wants to join workforce.
● Opportunity to practice accounting and finance in areas of special interest.
● Improve accountancy skills while enjoying free time with leisure activities.
● Access to material posted on our school online platform.
● Course duration: 10 weeks (30 hours taught, 80 hours self-directed learning, and 10 hours final project).
● Entry level: : Leaving Certificate/understanding level.
● Lesson duration: 1.5 hours lecture; 2 lessons per week.
● Size of the class: 25 in a Virtual Classroom .
● Course timetable:: Wednesday Evening and Sunday Morning.
●Course structure: One day per week and one day per weekend.
|Course Name||Course Fee|
Accounting and Finance For Advanced Learners